Pimp my Netbook banner

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Essential accessories for your netbook #1: USB DVD RAM Drive

Having a netbook means that you're going to be taking it with you, so having a way of backing it up is more or less essential. A DVD RAM Drive is a very cheap way of making a robust backup of your stuff. It's also a great way to install any of the alternative operating systems (Linux based, Microsoft or others) that you might want to try on your netbook.

I spent £39.99 at a local Staples store and bought a LiteOn DX-20A3P drive which has proved to be simply brilliant. Burning either CDs or DVDs the drive works well, isn't too noisy and is standard enough that plugged into my EeePC or any of the Windows based computers that I use it just simply works.

The whole point about my netbook is that it's portable and it travelling with me every day, regardless of where I go. Being able to do that without worrying about dropping it *and* losing all my data leaves me able to enjoy it's ease of use where-ever I go ... and then there's the 20+ alternative operating systems I've installed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment